Protein Chocolate and Peanut Butter Overnight Oats

    You would probably see a LOT of chocolate oatmeal recipe here because I’m OBSESSED with oats and I LOVE chocolate. The thing with oats for breakfast is that it’s so versatile, you can make baked oats, warm oatmeal, or prepare overnight oats for a fuss-free morning.

    The first overnight oats recipe that made me fall in love is a chocolate peanut butter flavour. I made the same breakfast for like 2 weeks in a row, that’s how I love the flavour! Lately I feel like I need to amp up my protein intake so I play around with my protein powder and peanut butter powder. 


    For protein powder I used chocolate flavoured beef protein from Julian Bakery. One serving of their beef protein is only 108 calories with 25 g protein! For peanut butter I would normally use my homemade 100% peanut butter but I go for peanut butter powder because I have some in my pantry and it’s lower in fat hence lower in calories. But if I don’t have PB powder on hand I would still go with the regular peanut butter because most fats in peanut butter are good fat anyway.


    If you use the same recipe and brand as mine this recipe will be about 250 kcal with 20 g of protein in one serving! But you can definitely play around with it, I like to mix the liquid part first so I can taste and adjust the flavour, then after I’m satisfied with the taste I’ll add the oats and chia seeds.


Here’s the recipe:


Protein Chocolate and Peanut Butter Overnight Oats



Ingredients:

25 g rolled oats

90 g milk of choice (skimmed, almond, cashew)

15-30 g low fat greek yogurt*

1/2 scoop (15 g) chocolate protein powder

1 tbsp PB2 peanut butter powder or natural peanut butter

1/2 tsp cocoa powder

1 tsp chia seeds

A dash of cinnamon powder


*if you don’t like the taste of yogurt you can sub with more milk


Directions:

  1. Add yogurt, protein powder, cocoa powder, and PB2 to a bowl or cup, mix until combined. Mix in milk a little bit at a time. After everything’s mixed well add rolled oats and chia seeds, mix until combined

  2. Let it chill in the fridge overnight or at least 8 hours

  3. Top with more peanut butter and roasted peanuts

Comments